26 October 2009

Mail ME Art

I think that when you read "Petite Marie Plume" the first thing that comes to your mind (with the balloons and all) are probably cats, flowers and cute little children.

(not that I don't draw all that)

Anyway I developed some kind of morbid looking characters some time ago and I've been having a blast with them because they are just so versatile! I can make the ugliest most desproportional sketch and they will still look fine (after you play with the ink pen a little).

It is so good when something like that happens I don't even know how to explain it, it goes from shit to awesome, and that is great because there are a lot of works that look amazing as linework and then somewhere in the middle of the coloring process some "new technique" goes bad and we just want to curse someone and die (or maybe dye).

I made this one for a contest where you were supposed to draw in an envelope and send it. The original was black and white, the color came afterwards with a little hand from Photoshop.
If you are interested in participating (and I think you should because it's a good way to boost your creativity) go to Mail me Art
You have a new chance every month until March.

No comments:

Post a Comment