18 September 2010

We Can't Live Without Public Waterclosets


I was talking to a friend of mine and we ended up reaching a strange, curious question.
She said that when she was slightly drunk, and went to the bathroom, peeing usually makes her feel a little more sober. It makes her feel better and more conscious.
I never though of that, but I wrote it down in my notebook so I could make a little research. Thet reminder note was later found by another friend, while we were enjoying lunch, completely out of context: "Does going to the bathroom makes you more sober".

I made my research but I could only find unverified answers, here was one I found interesting, because it was the only one that talked about loss of alcohol through urine:

We lose about 5% of alcohol through urine. I think that the feeling of urination just frees our minds to think on other things and relax but no major "sobering affect is realized. As soon as you consume alcohol, it enters the bloodstream. The Blood-Brain layer is the lining of epithelial cells that lie near the blood capillaries. Alcohol enters this layer within 30 seconds from its entry into the blood. When this happens, it interferes with nerve cell communication, blurs your vision and disrupts your speech. Five percent of alcohol that was absorbed by the blood gets out of the body through urine. Alcohol interferes with the release of vasopressin, a hormone that aids the kidneys in conserving fluid in our body by concentrating the urine expelled. The average time taken for the expulsion of alcohol via urine is 20 minutes. But long term use of alcohol upsets the fluid balance in our body resulting in the clogging of waste within the body which in turn proves to be the cause of renal failure, heart attacks and brain damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment