30 January 2010

Stealthy Pride

Some days ago I was searching Graphic Design and Packaging books in the bookstore,
to get some inspiration for the work I'm currently doing.

I was gazing one by one, so I wouldn't miss a thing, when suddenly I noticed an attractive cover that made my hand automatically move towards it.

The title was vertical because the book was still in the shelf,
so I skewed my head a bit,
to read it before I grab it.

(And because my brain interprets faster than I move my arm)

HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT

That was when I stopped, and retracted my hand back to my pocket.
Why was that? Why did I stopped all of a sudden?
Was anyone watching me?!

Actually the title of the book was something like:
"Design Dictionary for the Non Designers
"

Of course no one noticed. Why would they? I guess although I'm still learning and hoping to become a great Designer I can't consider myself a non-designer... And grabbing that book was admitting that fact, the fact that I still have so much to learn and experiment.
I know books like these may have valuable information...
But I just..... Can't!
At least not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment